Trains, Planes, Buses, Automobile, Legs…

I had a whirlwind Trip to the chilly Northeast, which turns out to be similarly chilly to my home in these Blue Ridge Mountains. I had a great time with Two of my Fellow Creative Collaborators, Meredith DiMenna and Emil Nomel. We saw a lot of amazing Art in Bridgeport at the Art Trail there this past weekend and met some very interesting People. I enjoyed, again, the Northern Hospitality, which is very generous. The Folks up there are interested in the Arts, both Fine and Folk.

We took a trip into Brooklyn and met with Our friend Jay Sanders, who is spending a month in New York City, getting a feel for the place. Jay had two other People with Him, one of Whom was a Friend from my College Days that I hadn’t seen in 23 years. We ate at an amazing Thai Restaurant there called SEA and then went to hear some Live Jazz at a tiny club.

We went back to Norwalk, CT, after that and the next day, a Monday, We took down the large Painting “the Earliest Days of the Miracle Wave” which had been hanging on the side of the Nest ARTs Factory since Saturday. We had tried to take it down, or considered taking it down on Sunday but a chilly rain was falling and it didn’t feel right, so We went to look at Art instead. Finally that large piece was safely scrolled-up and put away and then We went to enjoy a Brazilian Bar-be-Que for Lunch, then We returned to Flavor Bay to decompress before I had to leave and come home. Tuesday morning,

We rose early, my alarm went off at 6:00am and We promptly left for the Train Station. I got on board at 7:16am and We were off, zooming through the snowy woods, headed for NYC. Soon, though, the Train came to a stop in North White Plains, NY. They came on the loud speaker and told Us that the Train would be delayed “indefinitely” due to a Fatality on the Tracks ahead. Suddenly, masses of People in striped shirts and suits were exiting the Trains from all directions and leaving in Taxis. I waited on the Train after consulting with Ms. DiMenna via hand-held cellular device. After about 45 minutes, the Train was moving slowly and it quickly reached 125th Street in Harlem, where I got off and tried to get on an M60 Bus for LaGuardia Airport, the Bus, of course, does not take Cash, only coins or a Metro Card (which I knew because my friends had told me), so then I ran three blocks to get the card in a Subway, then I raced back up from the underground into the chilly, grimy, gray New York Streets and immediately boarded a Bus. After a few tries I got the card to go into the thingy and We were off. The huddled masses were packed on to the accordion Bus and it slowly made its way to the Airport, stopping every half-block to let Little Old Ladies on and off.

Thanks to a very helpful Delta Employee, I was directed to the proper Terminal and to the Ticketing section, where I actually worked a self-help kiosk and got into the security lines. I spilled out on the other side, carrying my shoes, my cell phone, my currency and passport, three jackets, laptop computer and suitcase and went straight to a coffee stand. I grabbed my hot coffee, spilling only about a third, there was no cream, so I took whole milk, then hoped with untied shoes to the Gate where my Plane was boarding. I got on the plane and We back up and slowly cruised to the 18th place in line (due to delays caused by “Snow”, of which there was the tiniest dusting). After about an hour waiting there, We took off and flew to Atlanta.

When We landed I immediately called Delta and found out I had been bumped from my original Flight, and was now on an 8:00pm flight. I was supposed to land in Asheville at 3:00pm, my Friend and Colleague, Bob Seven was already waiting at the Airport, there, so I asked if I could be placed on an earlier flight. The Lady told me there was a 2:21pm flight but I would never make it, as I was still on the plane and the People were unloading stuff from the overhead bins as if it were the first discovery of overhead bins… I said “I will make it, just get me on that flight!” so She did and I finally got out of that Plane and ran, like a Madman through the B Concourse, down an escalator, onto a Train back up a next escalator and all the way to the end of the C Concourse, to Gate C42, just as They were closing the door. Somehow They let me on and I found a whole section on the Sardine Plane to Asheville by myself, which was good because by then I was steaming from having run so far dressed in my full Winter Costume.

I landed promptly at 3:15pm and was picked up by my Friend there and We zoomed back to Woodfin, to the Logdove Saints International Home Office, here.

E. Nomel and M. DiMenna shadows.

Mister Doctor Professor!

Flavor Bay in the Sweet Spot of Fall.

The MTA to Grand Central Station.

Zooming through Snowy Woods.

Milo and his Yogi Bo pillow!

April Sessoms and I in Brooklyn, NY.



One thought on “Trains, Planes, Buses, Automobile, Legs…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s